Ag Art Wear Competition - Entry Form
Conditions of Entry
1. All entrants must complete the official entry form online or mail to Mrs. Joyce Giffin, General Interest Co-ordinator, Elmore & District Machinery Field Days Inc., PO Box 27, Elmore, Vic. 3558 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 1st August 2013
2. Sections are Avant Garde, Designer, Under 21 and Hat section. Each creation may only be entered in one section. The Committee reserves the right to transfer entries to appropriate section if considered necessary and Entrants notified.
3. The person/group named on the entry form must have created the garment. A maximum of 2 entries per designer per section will be accepted.
4. When promoting this event, the Elmore & District Machinery Field Days Inc. hold the exclusive rights for all advertising and photos relevant to the Ag Art Wear® Competition.
5. The creation and its accessories are to be made from material of an agricultural nature as produced, used or found on a farm. However buttons, zips and such items may be used without penalty. Entrants should bear in mind that if their garment wins and enters the NZ Competition, it may need irradiation to meet quarantine requirements. Material such as seeds, grasses, feathers, bones etc need to be irradiated and sometimes can discolour and damage the garment.
6. The creation must be durable enough to be worn at least ten times. Entries in the hat section must also be wearable. Entries will be paraded by models each day of the 2013 field days in the Auditorium at times to be announced.
7. Accessories such as bodysuits/tights etc. are to be provided by the designer/entrant. The garment must allow free body movement and not injure, scratch or be of a hindrance to the wearer. It must be of a weight that can be comfortably worn and carried.
8. Accessories including head wear, shoes, jewellery, hand bag etc complimenting the garment are encouraged and add to the overall points. Commercial shoes are discouraged and points deducted. If shoes made from agricultural products are unable to be worn on the catwalk due to the health and safety factor, they will be carried by the model and no points deducted.
9. It is preferable that garment size be from 10 to 14.
10. All entrants are requested to note the criteria of the category being entered and to complete and return the garment information sheet by supplied with entry acknowledgement by Monday 19th August 2013 providing the following:-
a. Garment description outlining design and materials used to create the entire outfit.
11. Judging will be based on the imagination of the creator, appearance, and the use of agricultural products. The creation need not be practical, but rather entertaining and/or artistic. Judging is on visual inspection. Judges do not examine the finish or seams of garments. Usage of weed matting, frost cloth, milk filter sleeves and feed bags can be used for garment lining only and use of non-ag products such as commercial dress fabric, hats, shoes etc is allowed however points will be deducted. The use of kitchen tidy, general shopping plastic bags & bubble wrap is not recommended; more innovative materials are encouraged.
12. The Judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Ag Art Wear® Competition Judges are independent and not members of / or involved in the Elmore & District Machinery Field Days Inc. Committee.
13. The organisers will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of the entry.
14. Garment to be delivered to Mrs Joyce
Giffin at 48 Rosaia Road, Elmore, during the
15. Elmore National Field Days Ag Art Wear® Competition Final judging will be held at a time to be announced on Thursday afternoon 3rd October 2013 in the Auditorium and all designers are encouraged to be present. All garments will be seen on the catwalk at the morning parade. The Committee reserves the right to reduce entries to a short list for the final.
16. The maximum parcel size in length is 105cm and girth 140cm to comply with Aust Post regulations. If the garment size is in excess of the above size, the entrant is to pay for costs of shipping the garment.
17. Entrants will be issued with an Elmore Field Days 2013 Complimentary Pass, Car Pass, Program and other information in mid September prior to the field days after all entries have been received.
18. All garments not required for promotion by the committee, must be signed out prior to being collected from the dressing area on the final day from 3.45pm.
19. The Committee reserves the right to amend the Conditions of Entry if deemed necessary prior to the event. Notification will be given as soon as possible following any amendment.
20. Entrants failing to comply with any of the above conditions may be excluded from the competition
Site by Peter Wiseman Design | © Elmore & District Machinery Field days Inc 2005 | Admin